For information on 2019/2020 Kindergarten/French Immersion Registration please visit the link below to access the Sea to Sky School District Student Registration Website:
Thank you to our parent volunteers who will be on the PAC Executive for the 2018 – 2019 school year!
Co-chairs – Rachael Mirvish, Julie Atkinson, Chella Brulotte
Treasurer – Patrick Mitchell
Secretary – Shannon Brooks
Fundraising – Kelleigh Hamilton
Communications Coordinators – Caylin Glazier, Mara Halayko
DPAC – Kelleigh Hamilton
Grant Writers – Andy Hamilton
Hot Lunch Coordinators – Tegan Butterworth, Jodie Coyne, Louise Godard
Don’t forget to follow the GHE PAC Facebook page… link below
The following are informational items for the beginning of the school year:
- School hours for Tuesday, September 4th are 8:50am (first bell) to 10:00am.
- Returning students will go directly to their classroom from last year and will remain in these classes until the end of the week.
- New students and families to the school will meet in the gym. New students will be shown to their classrooms for the week and parents will have the opportunity to meet with our PAC. These are not official classroom placements.
- All kindergarten families should have now received their gradual entry information including their groups. Please contact the office on Tuesday if you have any questions.
- Generic school supply lists are available on our website: https://sd48garibaldihighlands.org/school-supplies/ Classroom specific lists will be provided on Friday, September 7. Students do not need to bring their essential school supplies until Friday.
Over the summer GHE underwent renovations to improve student drop-off. Staff and parents will be assisting families as they enter and exit the property. With this change we ask for your patience as we learn the new routines. The parking lot is now one way, please enter at the roundabout and exit through the parent parking lot. Whenever possible, please walk, bike or carpool to school.
Dear Families and Caregivers,
Thank you for a wonderful school year! We hope you enjoy the summer months and we look forward to seeing everyone back in September.
We will also be sending you a school supplies essentials list. These are all of the supplies that will be needed for the first few weeks in September. Once your child has been placed in their new class, you will receive a classroom specific list of supplies. We are hoping that you will be able to collect the essential items from things you have in your home already and the classroom specific lists will be less expensive, have only the items your child will need, and you will be able to order them online beginning on Friday, September 7th. This is a new process we are undertaking with the goal of reusing materials, ordering less and saving our families money.
When we return in September, our focus will be on building a strong community in which every student and family belongs. This theme is becoming more and more important as our school community grows.
“First Week” – September 4-7th, 2017 (Grades 1-6)
Tuesday September 4th, 2017 – First day of school for Grades 1-6 (8:50-10am)
- First bell is at 8:50am and students will be dismissed 10am.
- All returning students in Grades 1-6 will report to previous year’s classroom.
- All newly registered students in Grade 1-6 will check in at main office and then report to gymnasium.
Wednesday September 5th, 2017 – Full day for Grade 1-6.
Kindergarten “First Week” Schedule:
Families have been emailed with information regarding their child’s schedule for gradual entry into Kindergarten. If you have not received this email please contact Mrs. Sweeney at email@example.com, our office will re-open August 27th.
Registration During Summer Hours:
Please note that is you are registering a child at Garibaldi Highlands, you may do so beginning August 27th, on site at the school. The School Board Office will not be accepting student registrations during the summer.
Dear Families and Caregivers,
Happy June 1st!
I would like to extend a huge thank you to all of the families who attended our Market last night. The Entrepreneur Project has been such a success thanks to the hard work and enthusiasm of our students, families and teachers. Last night I saw so many students who were so proud of what their classes had accomplished!
Today, many of our Intermediate classes presented their Science Projects. Students worked through the Scientific Method, testing their hypothesis and collecting data. Students created well organized presentation boards, showing their learning in a variety of ways. I saw some pretty creative projects today including: What material generates more static electricity? What happens to an egg soaked in different liquids? What are the pH levels of different candies? A student even created his own coded game!
Upcoming Events and Information:
June 5th – Kindie Visits (English K and half EFI) 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm
June 6th – District Track Meet
June 7th – Lego Competition
Have a wonderful weekend!