GHE DRESS CODE
Student dress must be appropriate for a K-7 school setting, and must not be offensive to any individual.
Logos and sayings
- Cannot promote the use of products detrimental to the school setting, such as alcohol, tobacco, or illegal drugs
- Cannot be racially offensive, contain sexual innuendoes, violence, or promote a negative attitude
- Must touch the top of the pants in a normal standing position
- Cannot be see-through
- Must have an appropriate neckline
Shorts and Pants
- No shorter than mid-thigh
- Have no revealing holes
- Must be worn at all times
- No hats to be worn indoors
- Students in contravention of the above will be asked to change or cover-up. Repeat offenders will be dealt with in consultation with parents.
NOTE: This policy was initially drafted by a staff committee and then reviewed and endorsed by our Parent Advisory Council and Student Committee.