Good Evening Families and Caregivers,
There are so many amazing projects underway at GHE. If you are thinking about getting your child involved in BOKS, please let us know. Starting the day with physical activity in a fun setting helps set children up for success throughout the day.
Did you know that there is a team of parents and teachers exploring the options for an outdoor classroom and garden? We are exploring ways to support learning outside the classroom that incorporate elements of nature and authentic learning tasks. Again, if you are interested in working with us, please connect with myself or the PAC.
Next week we will be presenting our School Improvement Plan to the Board and Senior Staff. The SIP is a plan we use to guide our decision making and is based on data collected over time (Report card data, FSA scores, surveys, School Wide Writes and more). Our SIP this year is aligned with the work that has been done over the last two years at GHE.
Here is our Theory of Action for the 2017-2018 School Year:
If the staff, students and parents at Garibaldi Highlands Elementary School develop a school framework that includes:
- Frequent and targeted learning opportunities that support Self-Regulation (tools/strategies)
- the building of common language around self-assessment, reflection and self-regulation
- a collaborative to project based learning, inquiry, and problem based learning
Then, our students will be able to confidently communicate:
- How they select appropriate tools and strategies to manage powerful emotions & challenging situations
- reflect, assess, and communicate their readiness to learn as well as how their learning is contributing to their personal growth and their school and larger community
- their learning in relation to our GHE learner profile and our Pathways to Learning Education plan
If you are interested in learning more, or would like to provide feedback, please let me know.
Reminders and Information
Whenever possible, please walk/bike to school to help us cut down on traffic congestion and when you are picking up, please refrain from idling your vehicle.
Connecting with PAC – Facebook Page
Volunteers needed for the Craft Fair – Sign up
PAC Movie Night – November 24th
Report Cards go home – November 27th
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact me!