What a busy week at GHE
- We just heard that our Christmas Craft Fair raised over $7000.00! What a great community event and thanks to everyone who participated, shopped and volunteered. Thank you to our PAC organizers for all their work.
- Today, students from Mrs. Antonios’s class presented food, toys and a checque for $700 to Squamish Community Christmas Care. The money was raised at our last movie night, which had a record attendance!
- On Wednesday evening at the School Board Meeting 3 students from Mrs. Antonios’s class presented their project, creating signs for our crosswalk. Ava, Aidan and Alexa represented our school well and we are very proud of their awesome presentation skills!
- On Friday several class worked to create some beautiful Christmas Wreaths.
- On Thursday, Dec 10, we were delighted to have Michael Bortolotto speak to our students. Michael is a person with Cerebral Palsy and he shared some very powerful and moving stories about growing up, acceptance and bullying. Our students were riveted by his story telling and we encourage you to ask your child about Michael’s presentation. K-3 students heard Michael’s story about the apple and the pineapple. Our older students learned about how friendship transformed Michael and helped him to overcome physical obstacles.